NOTICE** ANY AND ALL USE OF THIS SITE DENOTES FULL ACCEPTANCE OF THE SPECIFICATIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF THE LEGAL DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE POSTED HERE. There is no going back if you have accessed any content on this site. By using this site, you are bound by these terms and conditions, so you might as well read them. Please be aware you are responsible for adhering to the terms listed here.
Any link leading to this web site or any part of it must start at the
Bypassing this Disclaimer page is a violation of copyright.
You can read each section of this User Agreement & Terms of Service by clicking on the applicable topic on this list.
To return to this list, click on the "Back" button on your web browser
We have implemented the following guidelines for use on our web sites,
Services and the ColumbusTalks Forums. This guide is designed to strike a
balance between the main goal of both our site and our forum, providing a fair,
impartial and free speech arena for lively and open discussion of important
topics and issues related to the mission and purpose of the ColumbusTalks
Services, and keeping the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere of our online
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Through its network of Web properties, ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger may provide you with access to a variety of resources, including tools, download areas, communication forums and product information (collectively "Services"). All ColumbusTalks Services, including any updates, enhancements, new features, and/or the addition of any new Web properties, are subject to the TOS.
ColumbusTalks.com is an internet publication, with both commercial and
non-commercial areas. Non-commercial content on the ColumbusTalks site might
advocate principles of an open and responsible government, free speech open
public debate of important social issues and unfettered access to public
information and all information that should be made public. In the pursuit of
the reality of these things, the goal of some speech on ColumbusTalks.com is to
facilitate the free exchange of ideas, philosophies and opinions.
All opinions on this site authored by ColumbusTalks.com do not reflect those of any individual, business or group mentioned herein, or those of the web host, or the authors or owners of any pages or sites linked to from this domain.
Likewise, all opinions on any ColumbusTalks service, authored or provided by individuals and groups/businesses not commercially associated with ColumbusTalks, are solely those of the individuals ore groups posting or providing said content, and are not the views, opinions or policies of any ColumbusTalks service, or Thom E. Geiger.
The domain name (ColumbusTalks.com ) and this web site (ColumbusTalks.com ) are the legal property of, managed and maintained by Thom Geiger, who retains all legal rights to both the ColumbusTalks.com web site and domain name. While contributions, comments, and suggestions are encouraged and greatly appreciated, by posting, sending or uploading any content to ColumbusTalks and/or Thom E. Geiger and/ or any member of any ColumbusTalks.com staff or management, you agree to certain conditions of use for that content, as spelled out in the section of these Terms of Service entitled “MATERIALS PROVIDED TO ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger “ below. The provisions of that section, as are these Terms of Service, are non-negotiable and irrevocable.
USE OF CONTENT
Except for the Fair Use exceptions allowed by law, do not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, or re-post any material from this site, including text, images, audio and video, for public or commercial purposes without WRITTEN permission from Thom Geiger, registered legal owner of the ColumbusTalks.com domain name. Unauthorized use can and does violate several laws.
ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger may, at their discretion, allow certain businesses, agencies or entities to use, quote or republish content from any ColumbusTalks Service, provided a public disclaimer is posted detailing such authorized use. Except for such cases of authorized content usage, all intellectual property rights to the content of any and all ColumbusTalks Services are reserved.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
While Thom Geiger and ColumbusTalks.com try to include accurate material on ColumbusTalks.com sites and services, no promise or claim is made as to its accuracy. In fact, do not expect anything except some business and commercial content, honest venting, personal opinion and common sense speculation. If you use any information on this site, you are using it at your own risk. By reading or using this site, you accept the condition that all original content on this site authored by Thom Geiger and ColumbusTalks.com is purely personal opinion, and nothing but personal opinion, and while any content may or may not be fact, it is not presented as anything but personal opinion.
Thom Geiger and ColumbusTalks.com are not responsible for any claims made by any business, group or individual on or through any ColumbusTalks.com service. Readers and visitors are strongly encouraged to personally verify any claims, from any source, displayed or posted to any ColumbusTalks.com service.
AGE OF INFORMATION
Linked and locked topics in ColumbusTalks Services are pruned regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your topic went, please PM a Moderator or Administrator before starting a new topic asking where it went, or posting a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, or a reason why it was locked and/or removed.
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
Unless otherwise specified, ColumbusTalks Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services.
PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NOTICE SPECIFIC TO DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE ON THIS WEB SITE
Permission to use Documents (such as news releases, articles, discussion posts and FAQs) from ColumbusTalks Services is granted, provided that (1) the below copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear, (2) use of such Documents from the Services is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (3) no modifications of any Documents are made. Accredited educational institutions, such as K-12, universities, private/public colleges, and state community colleges, may download and reproduce the Documents for distribution in the classroom. Distribution outside the classroom requires express written permission. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
“Copyright © 2012 ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger All rights reserved.”
Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of any ColumbusTalks.com discussion forum or any other ColumbusTalks.com/ Thom E. Geiger owned, operated, licensed or controlled site or service. Elements of ColumbusTalks.com service web sites are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from any ColumbusTalks.com web site may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger.
and Thom Geiger and/or its respective affiliates make no representations about
the suitability of the information contained in the documents and related
graphics published as part of the services for any purpose. All such documents
and related graphics are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger and/or its respective affiliates hereby disclaim
all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all
warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or
statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. in no
event shall ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger and/or its respective affiliates be
liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages
whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of
contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection
with the use or performance of information available from the services..
The documents and related graphics published on the services could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger and/or its respective affiliates may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the program(s) described herein at any time.
Notices regarding software, documents and services available on this web site
In no event shall ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger and/or their respective affiliates be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of software, documents, provision of or failure to provide services, or information available from the services.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY
If any of the ColumbusTalks Services requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. ColumbusTalks.com and Thom
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the ColumbusTalks Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the ColumbusTalks Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any ColumbusTalks.com/ Thom E. Geiger server, or the network(s) connected to any ColumbusTalks.com/ Thom E. Geiger server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any ColumbusTalks Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any ColumbusTalks Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any ColumbusTalks.com/ Thom E. Geiger server or to any of the ColumbusTalks Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the ColumbusTalks Services.
NO THREATS ALLOWED
Personal or public threats against the safety or security of participants are not allowed. Any ColumbusTalks service staff and/or management may issue warnings or remove participants based on their public posts to any ColumbusTalks Service. If you receive private communication from another participant that causes you serious concern, you may communicate that to an ColumbusTalks service staff/management member, but no action should be taken by an ColumbusTalks Service Operator or staff/management to intervene in private disputes among individuals. If you feel you have privately received an illegal threat via e-mail you should contact the appropriate legal authorities. ColumbusTalks.com, Thom E. Geiger and the staff/management of ColumbusTalks Services are not responsible for any private behavior. However, if it is determined that a pattern of abusive behavior is having a chilling effect on other's participation in the Service, any ColumbusTalks Service operator may issue a warning, suspension and/or remove by banning.
LINKS IN SIGNATURES
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
USE OF SERVICES
ColumbusTalks Services may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, photo albums, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a "Communication Service" and collectively "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, by using any ColumbusTalks forum or Services, you agree to the following conditions:
· If any user should decide they do not agree with the provisions of this policy and user agreement, they can email or PM the forum operator and their account will be placed into a non-operative status immediately upon receipt of the message.
· User and member accounts are no longer deleted for legal reasons. If any user or member chooses to not be a member any longer, their account will be rendered inoperative. That will prevent any new registrations under that member's former name and will alleviate possible legal issues connected with residual message content.
· To not use ColumbusTalks Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise). Surveys, polls and contest and information must be pre-approved by an ColumbusTalks Service Operator or staff/management. Online polls conducted as part of any ColumbusTalks Service Software (such as forum software) is allowed without approval, as long as the topic does not violate the law, community standards or these Terms of Service.
· To not reveal another member's real identity in any way. You may not reveal the real identity of any staff or management. You may not post any specific information that may identify any member or staff/management regardless of where that information came from; public records, telephone listing, web pages, membership records, newspaper or magazine articles, television or radio broadcasts, etc. We value our members' right to privacy. Violation of this provision is basis for immediate banning.
· If you have issues with another ColumbusTalks Service user or member, you may refer to that person by their site, forum or Service identity (or ID), and ColumbusTalks Services identities may be used in debate, arguments, discussions, and possibly even flame wars. As long as the real identity of the ID holder is not revealed in any way, there is little restriction that will be placed on how Service users may refer to one another's Service IDs.
· If someone should post derogatory messages to any ColumbusTalks Service mentioning another member by Service ID or name, without revealing the person's real name, as long as no accusations of illegal activity are made, there will most likely be no action taken against the poster of the messages.
· While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts in the open topic areas. Flame wars are to be held to the less restricted hidden areas of all ColumbusTalks Services and forums. In matters of dispute or conflict, our decision is final in these matters. Complaints concerning content are subject to the Notification provisions specified in these Terms of Service. Those provisions are non-negotiable.
· To not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others. This provision is subject to libel/defamation law and current case law. Complaints are subject to the Notification provisions specified in these Terms of Service. Those provisions are non-negotiable.
· To not publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
· We do not allow the use of direct profanity in open areas of any ColumbusTalks service. Heated debate and argumentative discussion is reserved for the less restricted hidden areas of ColumbusTalks forums and Services. In those areas, the use of abbreviations such as "wtf" will most likely not get you banned but use your common sense.
· Users may not argue a staff member or moderator's decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a staff member or moderator must first address the staff member or moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the staff member or moderator and user must send their positions to a an ColumbusTalks service management member. The ColumbusTalks service management member will make or change any and/or all final decisions. Users of ColumbusTalks Services agree not to harass any member of any ColumbusTalks Services staff or management, at any time, either in person, PM, e-mail, telephone, postal mail or by any other means. Doing so is grounds for immediate banning.
· To not upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
· To not use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through ColumbusTalks Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
· To not upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another. Any such activity will be prosecuted to the full extent the law allows, and use of this site denotes agreement by any perpetrator to reimburse ColumbusTalks.com, Thom E. Geiger and any user of ColumbusTalks services who have been harmed or damaged by prohibited activity.
· To not advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such ColumbusTalks Services specifically allows such messages.
· To not download any file posted by another user of a ColumbusTalks Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
· To not falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
· To not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any ColumbusTalks Services.
· To not violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular ColumbusTalks Service.
· To not harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
· To not violate any applicable laws or regulations.
· To not create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
· To not use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of ColumbusTalks Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
· Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the like.
· To attempt to use multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
· Signatures may contain images, but may not be any larger than 300x100; 468x60 banners are also permitted (within reason). If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable by staff, you will be requested by a moderator to resize or change your image. Please also try and keep text signatures under 10 lines. Failing to comply with a moderator's request to fix your signature will result in the removal of your signature. Disagreements over signatures must, as with any conflict with ColumbusTalks staff or management, be handled through PM or email.
· Please try to keep images in your profile to a minimum file size to accommodate for dialup members. We want everyone here to have an enjoyable experience, and images that have excessive file sizes cause undue problems for those without broadband.
· Spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using any ColumbusTalks email or Private Message system to spam other members. Advertising is allowed, if pre-approved by ColumbusTalks management. By accessing and/or using this site, Spammers agree to all provisions of these Terms of Service, and agree to totally reimburse ColumbusTalks/Thom E. Geiger for any disruption in service, time spent deleting and editing spam content, and a minimum $500.00 (USD) fee per violation or message. What constitutes Spam and violations of these Terms of Service, will be determined solely by Thom E. Geiger or another member of the ColumbusTalks management team.
· Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
· While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative and critical conversations about public figures, products, companies, businesses, or celebrities, we will not tolerate constant and/or unauthorized blatant adverts.
· Remember to try and post in the correct forum/service areas. Take your time to look at all areas and see where your content should go. If your content is placed in the wrong service area, it can and may be moved or deleted by a moderator, staff or management member.
· We reserve the right to remove offensive posts/content without notice.
· We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates any provision of these Terms of Service, forum/service rules or current law.
· The use/theft of another person's real or ColumbusTalks Service identity is strictly forbidden and has special penalties which may include permanent banning from any or all ColumbusTalks Services.
· Various sub areas, sections, divisions, or sub forums of ColumbusTalks Services may have rules and guidelines specific to that area. You hereby agree to adhere to those rules and guidelines as part of these rules and this agreement.
· Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure ColumbusTalks Services and forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
You may receive informal or official warnings from any ColumbusTalks Services staff or management.
With your third official warning in one year, you can be suspended from the area where you received the warning for 30 days.
If you attempt to use additional Service accounts to circumvent any suspension, each attempt will prolong the suspension by an additional 30 days. Repetitive attempts to circumvent a suspension can and may result in longer suspension periods or banning from the Service. The 30 day suspension is not absolute, and the time limit may be adjusted by any ColumbusTalks staff or management member.
DMCA, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, LIBEL, DEFAMATION, AND OTHER COMPLAINTS
Use of this site denotes agreement with the condition that all conflicts of a legal nature concerning the use or content of this site and its services, pages and online forum are to be filed, served, and adjudicated in the state of Mississippi, county of Lowndes, and/or the federal court of the northern district of Mississippi, unless the action is sought against a member or user of this site, service or forum, in which case the filing, service and adjudication will be in the home state of the user or member against whom the action is sought. Acceptance of this condition is non-negotiable, and any use of this site denotes full acceptance of this and all conditions of these terms of service.
If you have an issue concerning our services, policies, or staff, please use a private contact method such as a personal message or email to a staff member. We take all complaints serious and will do our best to address them in a timely manner.
Subpoenas or other legal instruments seeking information considered private or sensitive.
We will consider any legal information seeking instrument issued by a court of legitimate jurisdiction over this forum and site. That means it must be issued by a court in
Anyone wishing to lodge a complaint on libel or defamation grounds must either be the party that has supposedly been harmed by the content posted, or a legally designated representative of that person. A written and signed complaint, along with proof of identity or legal representation must be forwarded to ColumbusTalks.com and/or Thom E. Geiger,
Any such complaint must include the following:
1. A physical signature of the person making the claim of libel or defamation or that person's authorized agent;
2. A description of the content claimed to be libelous or defaming;
3. A description of the location of that content, sufficient to enable the system operator to find it;
4. Sufficient information to enable the system operator to contact the complainer;
5. A statement that the complainer believes in good faith that the content in dispute constitutes libel or defamation under the law
6. A statement that the information in the notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complainer is the person mentioned in the disputed content or is authorized to act on behalf of the person mentioned in the disputed content.
7. If the notice substantially conforms, ColumbusTalks/Thom E. Geiger must notify the author of the allegation of libel or defamation and secure a voluntary edit of the work or disable access to the message if ColumbusTalks.com desires to claim the limitation. Under certain circumstances, it may be appropriate for ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger to participate in the determination of whether the disputed content is actually libelous or defamatory. The limit and need for any participation by ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger will be determined solely by ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger.
If the notice fails substantially to conform, but the problems are all with requirements 1, 5 or 6 above, in order to take advantage of a special benefit resulting from the notice's nonconformance, ColumbusTalks.com must contact the complainer.
If the complaining party sends the rest of the information, ColumbusTalks.com must notify the message author of the allegation of libel or defamation and secure a voluntary edit of the message or disable access to the message if ColumbusTalks.com desires to claim the ISP "library" limitation.
If the complaining party does not respond, or if the notice is nonconforming with respect to requirements 2, 3 or 4, ColumbusTalks.com may ignore the notice, but will save it along with a copy of any correspondence attempting to obtain more information, in case ColumbusTalks.com needs proof that it did not receive a conforming notice and did what is required to try to get one.
After the message owner voluntarily edits the message or ColumbusTalks.com disables access to it, ColumbusTalks.com may decide to proceed to counter-notification or the person lodging the complaint may receive a substantially conforming counter-notification from the message author. In either case, we must do certain things to respond and to preserve another special immunity current law gives us.
Counter-notices can only claim two things: (i) that the complaining party is mistaken and that the message is lawfully written and is not libelous or defamatory or (ii) that the disputed content has been misidentified. A message author may assert that the person lodging the complaint is "mistaken" in characterizing it as libelous or defamatory. In some cases, it will be appropriate for ColumbusTalks.com to participate in the determination of whether the content should be removed. The limit and need for any participation by ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger will be determined solely by ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger.
Counter-notices from message authors must contain the following:
1. A physical signature of the message author;
2. A description of the content removed and its location before it was removed;
3. A statement that the message author believes in good faith that the content was removed by mistake or because it was misidentified;
4. The message author's name, address and phone number (if a resident of the state of Mississippi) and his or her consent to jurisdiction of the Lowndes County Chancery Court or Federal District Court for any Mississippi address, and
5. A statement that the message author will accept service of process from the complainer.
6. We will not be liable to the author of the message for any harm he or she might suffer because of our actions in disabling access to a message so long as we:
---a. Take reasonable steps to notify the message author about the allegations in a conforming notice that we have received;
---b. Promptly send a copy of any substantially conforming counter-notice to the complainer indicating that we will restore access in 10 business days; and
---c. Restore access to the contested or disputed content within 10 to 14 business days after the day we receive the counter-notice, unless we first receive a notice from the complainer that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the message author.
These requirements are non-negotiable. If you wish to lodge a complaint of copyright, trademark, intellectual property or other type of complaint, you will be required to provide notice on ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger as detailed in the section above entitled Notification.
Appeals Process - You can appeal a warning(s) once you receive a third warning and 30 day removal, but the decision of the ColumbusTalks Service staff and management is final. Appeals will be taken up through email or Personal Messaging, and at no time will any messages about suspensions be made public. Doing so may result in banning from the Service.
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services, unless the posters of such information on those products or services are not connected with said products or services, or the messages have been approved by the staff or management of ColumbusTalks.com services. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited, unless approved by the staff and management of ColumbusTalks.com services.
ColumbusTalks.com and Thom
ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger's sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself or your children in any ColumbusTalks Services. ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger do not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any ColumbusTalks Services and, therefore, ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger specifically disclaim any liability with regard to the ColumbusTalks Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any ColumbusTalks Services. Moderators and ColumbusTalks.com staff are not authorized ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger.
Materials uploaded to the ColumbusTalks Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
MATERIALS PROVIDED TO ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger OR POSTED AT ANY ColumbusTalks.com/Thom E. Geiger NETWORK WEB SITE.
ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger do not claim ownership of the materials you provide to ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any ColumbusTalks Services or its associated services for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private community, (each a "Submission" and collectively "Submissions"). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting ("Posting") your Submission you are granting ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger, their affiliated companies and necessary sub licensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses (including, without limitation, all ColumbusTalks.com and Related Services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights to any affiliate of the Services.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. ColumbusTalks.com and Thom
By Posting a Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in these Terms of Service including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
In addition to the warranty and representation set forth above, by Posting a Submission that contains images, photographs, pictures or that are otherwise graphical in whole or in part ("Images"), you warrant and represent that (a) you are the copyright owner of such Images, or that the copyright owner of such Images has granted you permission to use such Images or any content and/or images contained in such Images consistent with the manner and purpose of your use and as otherwise permitted by these Terms of Service and the Services, (b) you have the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sublicenses described in these Terms of Service, and (c) that each person depicted in such Images, if any, has provided consent to the use of the Images as set forth in these Terms of Service, including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, the distribution, public display and reproduction of such Images. By Posting Images, you are granting (a) to all members of your private community (for each such Images available to members of such private community), and/or (b) to the general public (for each such Images available anywhere on the Services, other than a private community), permission to use your Images in connection with the use, as permitted by these Terms of Service, of any of the ColumbusTalks Services, (including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, making prints and gift items which include such Images), and including, without limitation, a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free license to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Images without having your name attached to such Images, and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the ColumbusTalks Services. The licenses granted in the preceding sentences for Images will terminate at the time you completely remove such Images from the Services, provided that, such termination shall not affect any licenses granted in connection with such Images prior to the time you completely remove such Images. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Images.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The links at any ColumbusTalks service will let you leave ColumbusTalks/Thom E. Geiger site. the linked sites are not under the control of ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger and ColumbusTalks and Thom Geiger are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. ColumbusTalks and Thom Geiger are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. ColumbusTalks and Thom Geiger are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ColumbusTalks and Thom Geiger of the site.
UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY
ColumbusTalks/Thom Geiger or any staff do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new products or technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos, or other works. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when ColumbusTalks/Thom Geiger products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to ColumbusTalks and Thom Geiger. So, please do not send your unsolicited ideas to ColumbusTalks and Thom Geiger or anyone at any ColumbusTalks service or Thom E. Geiger. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas and materials, you still send them, please understand that ColumbusTalks and Thom Geiger make no assurances that your ideas and materials will be treated as confidential or proprietary.
BEFORE YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO USE THIS SERVICE
before you are authorized to use this service you must agree that you shall defend, indemnify, save and hold ColumbusTalks.com, Thom E. Geiger and any and all related services offered by ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney's fees asserted against ColumbusTalks.com, Thom E. Geiger and any and all related services offered by ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed, or any content posted herein on or through any ColumbusTalks service, or any product sold by you, your agents or your employees through any ColumbusTalks service. you must also agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ColumbusTalks.com, Thom E. Geiger and any and all related services offered by ColumbusTalks .com and Thom E. Geiger against liabilities arising out of;
(1) Any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed to you or by you in connection with any ColumbusTalks/Thom E. Geiger service and any and all related services offered by ColumbusTalks/Thom E. Geiger;
(2) Any material supplied by you or any member infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
(3) Copyright infringement and
(4) Any defective products sold to you by other users of any ColumbusTalks service, or by you to other users of this service to, through or from ColumbusTalks.com, Thom E. Geiger and any and all related services offered by ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger;
(5) Any content posted herein, on or through any ColumbusTalks service by you, your agents or your employees.
Columbustalks.com, Thom E. Geiger and any and all related services
offered by ColumbusTalks and Thom E. Geiger are not liable for any
damages suffered from
the use this site. In particular, this includes "direct, incidental,
consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of access to,
of, this site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site
provided to you `AS IS' without warranty of any kind, either expressed
or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement
to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law."
You must agree to the terms on this page or you are not authorized to use this service at any time whatsoever, under any circumstances, and any such unauthorized use will constitute theft of service and will be reported to the offender's ISP, and any legal steps needed to prevent further unauthorized access will be taken, and the offenders will bear the responsibility for all cost and related expenses involved in said legal actions.
These guidelines may be changed at any time without warning, so members are advised to save a link to this page.
Copyright © 2012 ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger. All rights reserved.
TRADEMARKS OR TRADE NAMES
ColumbusTalks.com is a domain name registered by Thom E. Geiger. The names of companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Contact ColumbusTalks@Yahoo.com with questions or problems.
ColumbusTalks.com and Thom E. Geiger have agreed to notify you of:
Information Collection and Use
ColumbusTalks.com and Thom
In order to use certain parts of this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give their contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest. It is optional for the user to provide additional or demographic information and/or unique identifiers. Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, title, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, personal interests, and other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
When you browse our services, you do so anonymously, unless you have previously indicated that you wish a ColumbusTalks Service to remember your login and password. We don't automatically collect personal information, including your email address. We do log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) to give us an idea of which parts of our services you visit and how long you spend there. But we do not link your IP address to any personal information unless you have logged in to our website. Like many other commercial websites, ColumbusTalks services may use a standard technology called a "cookie" to collect information about how you use the site. Please go to "Cookies and Tracking Information" below for more information.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie may be deleted. For instance, by setting a cookie on our sites or services, the user would not have to log in with a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site. For example, the user will be required to log on in the absence of a cookie and some or all software settings (such as skin or appearance choices and settings) will be lost.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of ColumbusTalks websites and services if you do so. In particular, you may be required to accept cookies in order to complete certain actions through our websites and services. You do not need to have cookies turned on, however, to use/navigate through many parts of our websites and services, except access to certain restricted or protected web pages which may require a login and password.
However, we have no access to or control over third party cookies placed on visitors' computers by sites linked to or from any ColumbusTalks.com services.
Your ColumbusTalks Services account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. ColumbusTalks safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Children and Privacy
Our websites and services do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 13. ColumbusTalks services do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or send them requests for personal information.
The web hosting software on the site that hosts ColumbusTalks.com Services automatically logs and tracks IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information such as names or addresses.
We will not share any automatically gathered/aggregated demographic information with anyone. Such data is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
ColumbusTalks services contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by ColumbusTalks services.
If any ColumbusTalks.com Services use the email system built-in to the web hosting site's server where ColumbusTalks.com is hosted, and a user chooses or wishes to utilize such ColumbusTalks.com Services, the system will require contact information such as name and email address.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our services request information from users via official ColumbusTalks questionnaires, surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information demographic information (such as geographical location, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction ColumbusTalks services.
ColumbusTalks services take every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via ColumbusTalks services, your information is protected both online and off-line. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to ColumbusTalks@Yahoo.com.
Site and Service Updates
We may send ColumbusTalks.com Services users site and service announcement updates. Members are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via Personal Messaging or email.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes, or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. This can usually be done at the member's personal control panel information page.
Notification of Changes
Any link leading to this web site or any part of it must start at the
Bypassing this Disclaimer page is a violation of copyright.
Copyright © 2012 ColumbusTalks.com. All rights reserved.